Connect with us

National

Borno Beheading: Nigerians Call Out Buhari

Published

on

By Ella Makondo

There have been fresh calls for the sacking of the country’s service chiefs by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd.) following the  horrific killing of  43 rice farmers at Zabarmari in Jere Local Government Area of Borno State  on Saturday.

GWG had earlier reported that at least 43 farmers who were  working on their rice fields were beheaded by Boko Haram terrorists in Zabarmari, less than 20 km from Maiduguri, the State capital on Saturday.

The report further stated  that the 43 victims were killed with their throats slit.

President Buhari had in a statement on Saturday night through his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, condemned the killing by the terrorists as ‘insane’ and ‘senseless’, saying he was hurt by the incident.

He also said  that he  has given all the needed support to the armed forces to take necessary steps to protect the country’s population and its territory.

But disappointed   by the government’s response, Nigerians have again taken to the social media to slam the President and his service chiefs over what the repeated killings.

Some said it was shameful that nobody has been sacked a day after the tragedy, blaming  the President for not addressing the nation on the tragedy.

It would also  be recalled that the  Senate had asked the service chiefs to step down following the killings of civilians and soldiers in parts of northern Nigeria.

GWG gathered some of the reactions

Send Us A Press Statement Advertise With Us Contact Us

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *