By Chuks Ekpeneru
The Deputy Governor of Nasarawa State, Dr. Emmanuel Akabe, has expressed worry over the second wave of COVID-19, saying it has become more violent than the previous one.
Akabe said that even younger people are now vulnerable to the virus as it was more aggressive than before.
Speaking in Lafia after a security meeting, he said that 15 persons have so far died in the state from Covid-19.
“As at Tuesday December 22, the state has discharged 668 confirmed cases of COVID-19, with 26 under home care and 3 in isolation.
“85% of the cases are found in Karu, Keffi and Lafia local government areas, while the rest are found in the remaining 10 councils of the state,” he said.
He urged the public to always wear their face masks, maintain social distancing, and wash hands regularly to curtail the spread of the virus.