Connect with us
-->

Metro

DISCO Disconnection Staff Cause Electrocution Of Boy, 15

Published

on

Boy, 15, Electrocuted In Benue

A 15-year-old boy, identified as Emmanuel Ameh suffered electrocution in the Achusah area of Makurdi, the Benue State capital on Monday, April 19, 2021.

This boy, a student of Benue State University Technical College reportedly died due to the alleged negligence of the staff of Jos Electricity Distribution Company, JED, in Makurdi.

READ ALSO: Saraki Tasks Stakeholders On Sustainable Solutions In Maritime Sector

His death was confirmed by his uncle in a chat with journalists.

Giving details of the death of his nephew, the uncle said;

“On Monday morning, April 19, when everybody had gone to work and school, JED staff went to do their round of disconnection of customers who were indebted to the company. In the afternoon, some of our neighbors’ kids were playing around the pole and one of them made contact with the wire, his name is Emeka, a little boy of about five years, and was shocked. He ran to Emmanuel who just came back from school to complain, being the most senior at home.

Noting how the electrocution occurred, he said:
“Emmanuel went to roll up the wires from the ground because when they did the disconnection they left all the wires on the ground. He made contact with the wires and he was electrocuted.

“A neighbor, Jonathan Agi saw what was happening and rushed to the scene, used a dry stick to push him away. The other persons came too and they were able to intervene. They cut off the wire that had power. He was rushed to the nearby Ushaka Clinic and Bishop Murray Hospital, all in Makurdi, where he was pronounced dead. The Police come and helped us convey his body to Benue State University Teaching Hospital mortuary where it was deposited.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *