Connect with us
--->

National

Owo Church Massacre: Church Announces Friday For Burial

Published

on

The Catholic Diocese of Ondo has announced Friday as the date for the mass burial of those who died in the terrorist attack on St Francis Catholic Church, Owo, Ondo State last week Sunday.

The church in a statement said that it had fixed June 17, 2022 for the mass burial of the victims that were brutally murdered by unknown gunmen  during service at St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo.

According to the church, no fewer than 40 people had been confirmed death in the bloody attack while many others sustained serious injuries.

READ ALSO: Mercy Aigbe Finally Explains Fight With Omolara

The Director of Social Communication of the Diocese of Ondo, Rev. Fr. Augustine Ikwu, confirmed the development to newsmen on Monday.

Augustine said the mass burial would take place at a new cemetery at Emure Road, Owo.

He said, “The mass burial would take place at the new cemetery of the church on Friday in Owo.”

He maintained that the number of the deceased still remained 40.

Sources reveal that the injured victims are still receiving treatment at the Federal Medical Center and the St. Louis Catholic Church both in Owo and some other  hospitals in the state.

However, the police is yet to make any arrest in connection to the massacre as the security agencies are still on the trail of the suspected terrorists.
Send Us A Press Statement Advertise With Us Contact Us

 And For More Nigerian News Visit GWG.NG

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.