Connect with us


Kidnapped Female Lawyer Freed Gives Gory Story

Says She Was Set To Be Killed Before Rescue



Ms. Paulette Ajayi, the young Port-Harcourt based lawyer and postgraduate student who wasfrom her kidnappers on Thursday morning has revealed that her abductors were on the verge of killing her when she was rescued by the police.

Ms Ajayi who was kidnapped in front of her family last Sunday by gun-totting men said she had resigned herself to prayers to be saved from the deadly plans of the kidnappers.

According to her, the ransom on her was raised from N50 million to N200 million following the wild circulation of the news of her kidnap.

Ms Ajayi whose mother is also a lawyer based in Port-Harcourt was the subject of much interests with the Nigerian Bar Association, NBA president, Olumide Akpata approaching Governor Nyesome Wike for his intervention.

Sources revealed to GWG on Thursday that she was recused along with an official of the British High Commission in Okomoko forest, in Etche Local Gvernment Area of Rivers State.

One of the kidnappers was killed while one is in custody with the police in a manhunt for the others.

Speaking of her experience following her release at the police headquarters, she said:

“On Sunday they took me in front of my family members. They then told me they had killed my family members.

“I don’t know where they kept me, but they were going to ask for a ransom of N50Million, but by next day the ransom went to N200Million as everybody had reported that I was missing. Some of the men were violent, kept beating me. Others kept saying they will let me go if the ransom is paid.

“They were to kill me, knowing as the news went round, pressure will be on them. They were actually planning yesterday (Wednesday) night to move me into the swamp to kill me. The Police came just in time because all I was doing was to pray.”

The Rivers State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Joseph Mukan, speaking on the development said:

“In wake of the operation, one of the kidnappers, Chinedu Chigbu, 39, who watch over the victims was arrested, another fatally wounded in the exchange of gunfire was taken to the hospital and confirmed dead while others escape into the bush.

“Their camp was immediately destroyed. Exhibits recovered from them include one AK-47 rifle, a fully loaded magazine and one hundred rounds of live ammunition. Efforts are on to arrest other members of the gang.”

Send Us A Press Statement Advertise With Us Contact Us

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *