Connect with us

#EndSARS

Lekki Shooting: Why Buhari Hasn’t Spoken – Minister

Published

on

By Emmanuel Adigwe

The minister of youths and sports, Sunday Dare, has disclosed why President Buhari has not spoken about last Tuesday’s Lekki shooting incident.

According to Dare, the president will eventually speak on the matter when he gets all the facts.

The minister told Arise Television on Friday that President Buhari has ordered an investigation into the shooting incident in Lekki.

“For sure, the president has ordered an investigation. He had a national security meeting yesterday. I can tell you that this is already ongoing because the president wants to have all the facts which will absolutely be made public,” the minister said.

“It is important to get all the facts right before we go forward, in this case. It’s going to be difficult to hide these facts because we live in a multimedia world and we have pieces of evidence and corroboration and I think it is important to get the facts right.

“I think that’s the part the president has towed and I am sure that when the facts are made available, this president – because he has integrity – will level with the Nigerian people about what happened on Tuesday in Lekki.

“Previously, we just had lip service that SARS scrapped. For the first time, you have a presidential pronouncement that SARS has been dissolved followed by the inspector-general and then we saw quick steps thereafter.

“And I think when you look at what has happened in the past and the level of responsiveness and concrete steps, the whole five demands of the youth were wholeheartedly accepted by the president and he set up a process.”

Send Us A Press Statement Advertise With Us Contact Us

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *