Arise News Journalist Named As Buhari Makes Last-Minute Aviation Appointments
Six days before his exit, President Muhammadu Buhari has made sweeping strategic appointments across six aviation agencies with Arise News anchor, Mrs Amaka Ude Walker among the high-level appointments.
GWG.ng reports that the president appointed Engr A. Tayib Odunowo as substantive Managing Director/CEO for the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA).
Until his appointment, the Director of Operations – Matthew Lawrence Pwajok- acted for over a year in that position.
Other directors across the agencies were redeployed.
In a statement, Odutayo Oluseyi, Head, Press & Public Affairs, Ministry of Aviation said reorganisation of Agencies under the Ministry of Aviation was done in line with the new Acts of the National Assembly which the President assented to, and were gazetted recently.
The highlights of the reorganisation include the creation of new Directorates in some of the Agencies prominent amongst which are the Public Affairs and Consumer Protection, Corporate Services and Aviation Security Directorates.
“The creation of the Public Affairs and Consumer Protection Directorate is to put the Agencies on their toes in terms of adequately addressing complaints by their respective stakeholders and oversee the Public Affairs / Protocol, Consumer Protection, SERVICOM and Anti-Corruption Departments while the Aviation Security Directorate in the NCAA will regulate the activities of the AVSEC personnel, especially with their recent arms-bearing status.”
“The Corporate Services Directorates are to oversee the Procurement and Planning, Research and Departments.
“In line with the above, the President has approved the appointment of Kabir Yusuf Mohammed as the new Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN).
“Until his appointment, Kabir Yusuf Mohammed was the Regional General Manager, Central Region Airports, Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) and Chairman of the Aviation Roadmap Implementation Committee.
The Directors-General of the Nigerian Safety Investigation Bureau (NSIB), Engr Akin Olateru the Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NiMet), Prof Mansur Matazu and Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), Captain Musa Nuhu are to run the remaining course of their tenures in line with the Acts setting up their respective Agencies, while the Rector of the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology Zaria, Captain Alkali Moddibo, has been granted a one-year extension, also in line with the Act setting up the College.
“In order to reposition the Agencies to perform their statutory duties as enshrined in the Acts, the Minister of Aviation has also approved the appointment of some new Directors. This is to address the requirements of the Acts for appropriate placements, Federal character requirements etc,” the statement said.
The appointments by Buhari in the aviation agencies include:
1. Managing Director – Mr Kabir Yusuf Mohammed
2. Human Resources and Admin. – Shehu D. Mohammed
3. Commercial and Business Management – Olumuyiwa Femi-Pearse
4. Corporate Services – Barr. Azubuike Okorie
5. General Manager (Statistics) – Kingsley Uchechukwu Okunji
6. General Manager (Special Duties) – Jemilu Abdulrahman
1. Director General/CEO – Capt Musa S. Nuhu
2. Director, Airworthiness Standards – Engr Gbolahan Abatan
3. Director, Aerodrome and Airspace Standards – Engr. Godwin Balang
4. Director, Operations – Capt. Ibrahim Danbazau
5. Director, Air Transport Regulations – Mr Olaniyi Saraku
6. Director, Public Affairs and Consumer Protection – Capt. Chris Najomo
7. Director, Aviation Security – Air Cdr Hambali Tukur
8. Director, Corporate Services – R. M. Daku (Mrs)
9. Company Secretary/Legal Adviser – Mrs Mary Tufano
10. General Manager (Audit) – Mrs Dawa Gyaks
11. General Manager (Accounts) – Mr Aminu Tasi’u
1. Director General/CEO – Engr Akin Olateru
2. Director, Finance and Accounts – Mr Ori Bassey
3. Director, Public Affairs and Consumer Protection – Dr James A. Odaudu
4. Director, Corporate Services – Oliobi Godfrey Ikemefuna
5. Transport Investigation – Capt Tosin Odulaja
6. Company Secretary/Legal Adviser – Barr. Illitrus Ahmadu
1. Director General/CEO – Prof Mansur Bako Matazu
2. Human Resources and Admin. – Saleh Tukur Yusuf
3. Director , Weather Forecasting Services – Daniel Okafor Chibueze
4. Public Affairs and Consumer Protection – Ahmed A. Sanusi
5. Director, Research and Training, Prof Effiong Essien Oku
1. Director General/CEO – Engr A. Tayib Odunowo
2. Director, Operations – Matthew Lawrence Pwajok
3. Director, Public Affairs and Consumer Protection – Khalid Emele
4. Corporate Services – Mr Uchendu Chibuzo Oji
5. General Manager, Public Affairs – Amaka Ude Walker (Mrs)
The press statement deposed of the high-level aviation appointments made by Buhari ahead of his departure.
Send Us A Press Statement Advertise With Us Contact Us
And For More Nigerian News Visit GWG.NG