Connect with us
--->

National

FG Lifts Ban On Nation’s International Basketball Competitions

Published

on

The Federal Government on Thursday revoked its decision to suspend Nigeria’s basketball teams from all international competitions.

Ismaila Abubakar, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Youth and Sports Development, made this known during a conference in Abuja on Thursday.

READ ALSO: How My Office Security Guards, Robbed Me, Shot Me Thrice – SAN Tells Court

According to Abubakar, the latest decision is based on a letter of appeal from the Nigeria Basketball Federation (NBBF), signed by Mr Musa Kida.

He said intervention by concerned stakeholders, former Nigerian international basketball players and well-meaning Nigerians to seek solutions to the issues triggered the decision.

GWG had earlier reported that President Muhammadu Buhari had in May approved the withdrawal of Nigeria from all international basketball competitions.

Sunday Dare, Minister of Youth and Sports Development, who confirmed the development had said the suspension will last for two years.

He had said the development would allow the government to concentrate on efforts to revamp the sport.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.